So much sadness in her eyes.
I watch a documentary about her a few weeks ago. It was about notes from her diary and about her life. She was such an incredibly smart women. She hated the dumb blonde she always played in movies but they were the only movies she was getting offered at the time. The men in the industry didn’t take her seriously. The documentary made me cry. So many people are quick to call her “stupid” or “slut” but these are people that no NOTHING about her or her story.
today on my berry detox tea read three simple words, Truth is Everlasting. Sparking an idea to make a list of the simple things I love.
1. The ripple effect on a well made canvas
2. Filling the coffee pot to 8 instead of 4 - ( with Amy Nitchals)
3. Talking about a past dream, and later realizing through childhood photos that it actually occurred
4. Wet hair and no make up on a summer day ( at camp foster) (that is when I feel the prettiest, oh, and when Taylor calls me ” bunny”).
5. Being sick, and close to mamma bear
6. When kids talk about heaven
7. Norah Jones at a stoplight in the rain ( there is something beautiful about the drippy neon red on black pavement ((right around twilight))
8. Bathrooms with no mirrors and dish soap ( instead of hand soap) ( I always feel I would be good friends with who ever did that )
9. When you get in someone’s car you barely know, and they ask you to put on your seat belt
9. The appreciation game, never gets old.
10. Wine rings and coffee stains covered by silly placed rugs
11. New sharpies, canvas, sketchbooks, and journals
13. Worn out Bibles
sometimes, its the simple things that get me hyped.
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”